Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cop Killer.


I got my black shirt on.I got my black gloves on.I got my ski mask on.This shit's been too long.I got my twelve gauge sawed off.I got my headlights turned off.I'm 'bout to bust some shots off.I'm 'bout to dust some cops off.Cop killer, better you than me.Cop killer, f**k police brutality!Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'(f**k 'em)Cop killer, but tonight we get even.I got my brain on hype. Tonight'll be your night.I got this long-assed knife,and your neck looks just right.My adrenaline's pumpin'.I got my stereo bumpin'.I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'A pig stopped me for nuthin'!Cop killer, better you than me.Cop killer, f**k police brutality!Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'(f**k her)Cop killer, but tonight we get even.Die, die, die pig, die!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police yeah!Cop killer, better you than me.I'm a Cop killer, f**k police brutality!Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'(f**k 'em)Cop killer, but tonight we get even.F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police!F**k the police, break it down.F**k the police, yeah.F**k the police, for Darryl Gates.F**k the police, for Rodney King.F**k the police, for my dead homies.F**k the police, for your freedom.F**k the police, don't be a pussy.F**k the police, have some muthaf**kin' courage.F**k the police, sing along.Cop killer!Cop killer!Cop killer!Cop killer!Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?Cop killer, good choice.Cop killer!I'm a muthaf**kin' cop killer!Cop killer, better you than me.Cop killer, f**k police brutality!Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'(f**k her)Cop killer, but tonight we get even! Lyrics for Cop Killer by Ice-T of the Body Count album.
This song brings in the question of where the 1st Amendment right, the right of freedom of speech comes in to question due to the explicit lyric. Government had taken an interest in the song when in release in 1992. This song controversy have reach up to the highest branches in government. The many comments made by the president at the time Goerge Bush and people like Dennis R. Martin. Vice President at the time Dan Quayle claim that Cop Killer was "obscene". "The misuse of the First Amendment is graphically illustrated in Time-Warner's attempt to insert into the mainstream culture the vile and dangerous lyrics of the Ice-T song entitled Cop Killer. The Body Count album containing Cop Killer was shipped throughout the United States in miniature body bags. Only days before distribution of the album was voluntarily suspended, Time-Warner flooded the record market with a half million copies. The Cop Killer song has been implicated in at least two shooting incidents and has inflamed racial tenions in cities across the country. Those who work closely with the families and friends of slain officers volunteering for the American Police Hall of Fame and Museum, are outraged by the message of Cop Killer. It is an affront to the officers—144 in 1992 alone—who have been killed in the line of duty while upholding the laws of our society and protecting all its citizens" was said by Dennis R. Martin the former president of the National Association of Chiefs of Police. This song had argue the way the cops had handle way how there deal with crime. The issue of rebelling against the cop and police brutality was one of the most controvery issus in music history.

No comments:

Post a Comment